February 11

Using QR Codes to Celebrate Student Creations

Students celebrated their learning and the creations of their peers using QR codes.  There are a number of on-line ‘Quick Response’ Code generators available. I used Kaywa – select ‘Static’ for this free service.

Enter the URL of the destination website and click ‘Generate’. Then print the QR Code. Without adjustment, it will be 2″ by 2″.

QR Reader App Icon

I glued the codes onto hearts by way of ‘We Love Learning’ and posted about a dozen or so about the Learning Commons. Following a discussion on Quick Response Codes, we reviewed how to use the free app QR Reader.

The codes directed students to student work on our Vanier on Video site. Students were delighted to see their own work as well as the creations of other students in the school. I often use QR Codes to help spread the word about activities in the Vanier LC: from a footnote on September Kindergarten letters, by Learning Commons doorways and near bulletin boards.

Tags:
Copyright © 2017. Anna Crosland. All rights reserved.

Posted February 11, 2017 by acrosland in category Learning Commons Development

About the Author

Anna Crosland Teacher-Librarian in B.C. Canada: MakerEd, Digital Creation with 1:1 iPads, 3D Printing, Social Emotional Learning, Mighty Girls and Women, Inclusiveness, Diversity and lots of Reading